This Privacy Notice, also known as a “Fair Processing Notice” explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
We want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how we use your data.
Who are we?
We provide a range of rehabilitation products and services to private and international markets as well as in partnership with the National Health Service in the UK.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) provides help and guidance to make sure we apply the best standards to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, our DPO can be reached by email at:
or by post at
Data Protection Officer,
Why do we need to collect your information?
Unit 3 Stourton Link,
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
What types of personal data do we collect/process about you?
- Correspondence for advertising and marketing our own business, activity, goods, services or events.
- Promoting public relations in connection with that business, activity, goods, services or events.
- Analysis of website efficiency, visits and history.
Information placed automatically on your computer - Cookies
- Identity Details – name
- Contact Details – address, telephone numbers, email address.
- Feedback, comments and suggestions transmitted to the website.
- Automatic technical information – Internet browser, IP address, computer operating system and website domain name from which the link to this website was activated.
When viewing this website, some information may be stored on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and can help us improve your experience. With most Internet browsers, functions are available to erase cookies from the computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You are advised to refer to your internet browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Your access to the website indicates your consent to our use of information gathered from cookies for these purposes
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to provide services identified in this privacy notice. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
We may need to transfer your personal information to territories that are outside the EEA. We will only transfer your personal information outside the EEA where either the transfer is to a country which the EU Commission has decided ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal information, or we have put in place our own measures to ensure adequate security as required by data protection law.
- distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use the content (whether text, images, audio or video) of the website for public or other commercial purposes; or
- transfer any material to more than ten hard copies of such materials
- suppy any material in any form to a third party for commercial purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise, or without informing such third party of the conditions which apply to such material and such party's use of such material
You agree that you will not:
How will we use your personal data that has been collected?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and secure, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Hugh Steeper Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, for the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office at http://ico.org.uk
By submitting information, DATA OR materials TO the website, each USER agrees TO indemnify, defend AND hold harmless Steeper, its directors, officers AND employees FROM ALL damages, costs AND expenses, including reasonable lawyer’s fees and court costs arising out of all claims, challenges or actions related to the user’s submission OF such information, DATA OR materials, including without limitation, claims FOR infringement OF intellectual property rights, libel AND defamation.