For individuals with complex footwear needs or very specific style requirements, we can manufacture footwear to your precise specification built around your own custom-made last.
All of our footwear ranges use the highest quality materials available and follow strict quality standards to ensure you receive the best product. We work hard to provide footwear that is both functional, comfortable and attractive. This includes our semi-bespoke footwear range Tred-lite, designed to suit individual foot requirements whilst offering a range of style options.
All Steeper Clinic orthotists are highly trained in the measuring and prescribing of correct footwear and will advise you on the best option for your individual needs. Being located in Steeper headquarters allows our orthotists access to the technicians, so they can oversee the production of the orthoses, and have the ability to make minor adjustments to footwear during appointments.
There are a number of reasons why you may be prescribed orthopaedic footwear, including:
- To support or control unwanted foot and ankle motion
- To accommodate excessive foot and ankle swelling
- To accommodate irregular foot shapes or bony changes in your feet
- To protect feet at risk of injury or pressure sores
- To accommodate diabetic specifications